Cii Radio| Ayesha Ismail| 06 July 2017| 11 Shawaal 1438
The South Africa National Taxi Council (SANTACO ) has put on hold a national strike that was scheduled to take place next week.It says it’s awaiting the outcome of discussions with Transport Minister Joe Maswanganyi on Friday.
SANTACO had planned a national shutdown next Wednesday over high vehicle prices.
Last month’s strike saw large volumes of traffic and left commuters stranded.
Bafana Magagula, the Chief Strategic Manager for SANTACO says the public will be notified should the strike go ahead.
“The meeting of the NEC that took place yesterday decided to suspend the strike and open talks. Until then, we will let the public know if there will be any further action to be taken but surely on the 12th of July the strike is on hold or is suspended”, he said
Source – Sabc news