06-01-20 Recipes with Safeera Kaka
Lifestyle – #90dayswithoutsugar recipes
Listen to this by clicking here
#90dayswithoutsugar recipes on Lifestyle with Safeera Kaka
Sweet potato tacos
1. 3 sweet potatoes
2. extra virgin olive oil
3. 1/4 onion, minced
4. 2 cloves of garlic, minced
5. 1lb of chicken mince
6. 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
7. 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
8. 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
9. 1 teaspoon black pepper
10. 1 1/2 tablespoons of chili powder
11. 1/2 teaspoon paprika
12. 1 teaspoon sea salt
13. 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
14. 1/2 cup of water
15. 1 scallion, sliced
16. 1 small bunch of fresh cilantro, chopped
17. guacamole (avocado, lime juice, garlic, sea salt, pepper)
1. preheat the oven to 400 degrees f.
2. scrub the sweet potatoes with cold water.
3. dry and set on a baking sheet lined with tin foil.
4. poke some holes on the top of the sweet potato with a fork.
5. rub potatoes very lightly with oil, and sprinkle with a dash a sea salt.
6. bake for 40 -60 minutes (depending on the size).
7. while the potatoes are baking, drizzle olive oil into a large pan over medium heat.
8. add the onion and garlic and saute for 3-4 minutes.
9. add in the groundmince to the pan and brown.
10. , create the taco seasoning by mixing together the garlic powder, onion, powder, oregano, pepper, chili powder, paprika, sea salt and cumin. set aside.
11. when themeat is browned, pour 1/2 cup of water into the pan and then mix in the taco seasoning.
12. slice open the sweet potatoes, fill each with mince, and then top with scallions, cilantro and top with guacamole.
Baba Ghanoush Power Bowl
• 1 large eggplant, halved
• 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
• ½ tsp sea salt
• 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
• ½ lemon, juiced
• 1 tbsp tahini
• 1½ cups dry quinoa
• 2 cups diced cucumber
• 2 cups diced tomato
• 2 cups grated carrots
• 1 cup whole black olives
• ½ cup chopped parsley + plus additional for garnish
• 1 clove garlic, peeled
• 2 tbsp tahini
• 1 lemon, juiced
• ½ cup water
• ¼ tsp each sea salt and ground black pepper
1. Prepare baba ghanoush: Preheat oven to 450°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Brush cut sides of eggplant with oil. Place, cut side down, on baking sheet. Bake until eggplant is very soft and starting to collapse, 45 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, cook quinoa according to package directions.
3. Prepare dressing: In a food processor, mince garlic; add tahini, lemon juice, water, salt and pepper. Process until smooth; remove to a container and set aside
4. To finish baba ghanoush, remove eggplant from oven and scoop out flesh; transfer to a mesh sieve placed over a bowl and sprinkle salt over eggplant. Set aside 10 minutes, shaking occasionally to release water. Transfer eggplant to food processor; add garlic, lemon juice and tahini; pulse until smooth.
5. Assemble bowls: Divide quinoa among bowls. Top with cucumber, tomato, carrot, olives, parsley and dressing. Garnish with additional parsley.
• 4 large eggs
1 cup unsweetened coconut milk beverage
¾ cup almond flour
½ cup coconut flour
½ cup tapioca flour
⅓ cup melted coconut oil
¼ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
2 tbsp organic evaporated cane juice
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
½ tsp sea salt
1. To a blender, add all ingredients and blend until smooth and thoroughly mixed, scraping down sides if necessary with a rubber spatula.
2. Heat a nonstick griddle over medium-high and spray with cooking spray. Working in batches, pour a scant ¼ cup batter per pancake, making 3-inch circles; cook until small bubbles appear and burst on the surface and underside is golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Flip and cook until golden brown, 1½ to 2 minutes more.
3. Serve warm with optional toppings such as sliced bananas, shaved dark chocolate and a drizzle of maple syrup, if desired.
NOTE: These pancakes are delicate, so take extra care if freezing. Use an airtight container with parchment paper between the layers. Reheat on a parchment-lined sheet in the oven warmed through, 5 to 8 minutes.
• 1 banana, cut into chunks and frozen
• 1 cup packed baby spinach
• 1 cup water
• ½ cup full-fat coconut milk
• ¼ cup canned cannellini beans, drained
• 1 scoop no-sugar-added chocolate protein powder
• 1 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
• 5.6 ounces/two 2.8-ounce bars sugar-free chocolate
• 1 cup nuts (coarsely chopped)
• Optional: 1/3 cup nut halves (for decoration)
Steps to Make It
1. Gather the ingredients.
2. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with aluminum foil.
3. Chop the sugar-free chocolate into small pieces and place it in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave until melted, stirring after every 45 seconds to prevent overheating. Remove from the microwave when the chocolate is mostly melted, and continue stirring until it is entirely melted and smooth.
4. Pour the nuts on top of the melted chocolate, and stir until the candy is well-mixed and all the pieces are coated.
5. Using a teaspoon, drop small spoonfuls of candy onto the prepared baking sheet. This recipe will make approximately 2 dozen 1-inch clusters.
6. If desired, top each cluster with a decorative nut half while the chocolate is still wet.
7. Place the candy in the refrigerator for 20 minutes to set the chocolate.
8. Serve and enjoy!
Sugar-free mango and coconut balls
• 125g dried mango
• 50g (2/3 cup) shredded coconut
• 50g (1/2 cup) rolled oats
• 145g (1 cup) raw cashews
• 60g (3/4 cup) desiccated coconut
• 1 tablespoon finely grated lime zest
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• Step 1
Use kitchen scissors to cut the mango into small (about 1.5cm) pieces. Place in a heatproof bowl and pour 125 ml (½ cup) of boiling water. Set aside for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until mango has softened and water absorbed.
• Step 2
Place the shredded coconut in a frying pan and stir over medium heat for about 3 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a plate to cool.
• Step 3
Process the oats a food processor until well chopped. Add the cashews, desiccated coconut, lime zest, vanilla, a pinch of salt and mango (with any water that may not have absorbed). Process until well combined.
• Step 4
Roll level tablespoons of the mixture into balls. Roll in toasted coconut to lightly coat. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.