“SERVICE TO HUMANITY IS A SERVICE TO GOD” #IMASA
01 April 2019| 24 Rajab 1440
Chronic Renal Disease is a global health problem with a high economic burden to health systems and is an important risk factor for Cardiovascular Disease.
High blood pressure and diabetes are the main cause of chronic renal failure. CHRONIC KIDNEY DISEASE IS NOW RECOGNISED AS A PUBLIC HEALTH PRIORITY WORLDWIDE WITH an INCIDENCE OF 10% OF THE WORLD POPULATION. MILLIONS DIE EACH YEAR DUE TO LACK OF AFFORDABILITY AND ACCESSIBILITY TO QUALITY MEDICAL CARE.
In 2007 the ISLAMIC MEDICAL ASSOCIATION OF SOUTH AFRICA (IMASA) recognised the need to cater for such patients and have developed a unique funding model for those desperate patients who could not afford this life saving dialysis treatment.
To date we have processed over 500 applicants nationally and have provided dialysis for more than 300 patients. The prayers and blessings of these patients will indeed reinforce our commitment in providing quality renal care, which is affordable and in a world class facility at the Fatima and Dawood Hassam Moosa IMA PRIVATE RENAL UNIT.
Our vision is ’giving hope” AND OUR MISSION IS
- TO ENSURE THAT NO RENAL PATIENT WILL PASS AWAY DUE TO LACK OF FUNDS FOR DIALYSIS.
- PROVIDE A SECOND LEASE OF LIFE THROUGH QUALITY HAEMODIALYSIS FOR THOSE WITH END STAGE RENAL DISEASE.
- TO ENSURE THE CONTINUOUS GOOD HEALTH AND WELL BEING OF OUR PATIENTS THROUGH A HOLISTIC CARE APPROACH
- COMPLY WITH INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNISED HD STANDARDS
- RESPECTING VALUES, BELIEFS AND FEELINGS OF PATIENTS AND TREATING THEM WITH DIGNITY AND CONFIDENTIALITY
- STRIVE TO USE MODERN TECHNOLOGY AND EQUIPMENT AVAILABLE AND RECRUITING HIGHLY TRAINED QUALIFIED PROFESSIONALS
- ENCOURAGING AND SUPPORTING TRAINING, LEARNING AND CONTINUOUS EDUCATION
This unit comprises of 15 stations, utilising state of the art Nipro machines, Comfortable dialysis chairs and individual TV units and centrally located nursing station.
The Fatima and Dawood Hassam Moosa IMA PRIVATE RENAL Unit is located on the premises of the Ahmed Al Kadi Hospital in Durban.
Operational hours: 06:00 -21:00 Monday to Friday, Saturday 06:00-16:00
We also provide acute renal therapies in the, Intensive and high care units e.g. Continuous renal replacement therapies (CRRT), Sustained low efficiency dialysis (SLED), ACUTE Hemodiafiltration (HDF). Transport is provided to and fro from the patient’s home.
Staff have been selected for their passion and zeal to serve.
Alhumdulilah, with the help of Allah (SWT) we are please to have achieved and accomplished immense progress in this project.
Your contribution will certainly assist in sustaining this much needed service.
Telephone number: 031 4923 457
Bank: HBZ Bank: FNB
Acc Name: IMA Zakaat Fund Acc Name: IMA Baytul Nur Trust – Dialysis
Acc No: 11901105818. Acc No: 62148981196
Branch: Durban , 570126. Branch: Overport , 222826
Section 18A tax receipts issued on request for all donations