Cii Radio launches Shura Council
Cii Radio|Ayesha Ismail|30 April 2018| 13 Shabaan 1439
Cii Radio is excited to announce the launch of the Ulama Shura Council. Cii Radio’s Shura council consists of local and international Ulema with experience in various fields.
When? Tomorrow (Tuesday) after the 8am news until the 8:30 break.
From its inception, Cii Radio has been well connected with the Ulama locally and abroad. Tune In to Yaumun Jadeed tomorrow(Tuesday – 01 May 2018) at 8:05am to learn the importance of shura in Islam.
Who are the Ulema on Cii Radio Shura Council?
1. Ml Hassan Dockrat
2. Mufti Ashraf Qureishi
3. Ml Moosa Akoodie
4. Ml Mohammad Karolia
5. Mft Abdurrahman Mangera
6. Mft Munir Akhalwaya
7. Ml Shakir Seedat
8. Ml Mohammad Seedat
Short Bio of each member:
Mufti Muhammad Ashraf Qureshi
- Attained Bachelor of Arts (Economics, P. Science, Islamic History)
- Master of Arts (Higher Islamic Studies) University of Karachi, Pakistan
- Completed course of specialization in Iftaa (jurisconsult of shari`ah) under the tutorship of Mufti Taqi Usmani, Jameah Darul uloom Karachi, Pakistan
- Participated in the course of Shari’ah judge training at Jamia Imam Muhammad bin Sa’ood, Riyaad, Kingdom of Sa’oodiyah Al arabiyah
- Appointed as a Deputy Mufti for Centre for Islamic Economics in Karachi-Pakistan by Mufti Taqi Usmani, and delivered service for six years
- Lectured in many institutes for higher Islamic studies: Hadeeth, Fiqh (Jurisprudence of shari`ah), Usool-e-fiqh (Principles of Jurisprodence of shari`ah), Arabic etc.
- Professor and Head of Fatwaa Dept. (dept. of Jurisprudence) at the Jamea Mehmoodiyah, Institute for Higher Islamic Studies – Springs South Africa
- Chairman of Shariah Advisory Committee of NBC –Tanzania
- Chairman of Shariah Supervisory Board – Absa/Barclays Bank South Africa
- Member of Board of Muftis (Muslim Jurists) South Africa
- Member of Judicial Committee-Jamiatul Ulama (Council of Muslim Theologians)
- Member of Shariah Supervisory Board – Element Investment Managers
- Member of Shari`ah Board of Takaful Africa.
- Member of Shari`ah Supervisory Board – 27four Investment Managers (PVT) Ltd
- Member of Shari`ah Board for Shari`ah Investment Limited
- Published books in Islamic Finance, Arabic grammar, fiqh, and Mantiq (logic)
Ml Hasan Dockrat
- Taught Tafsir, Hadith and Islamic Sciences at Darul Ulum, Azaadville for 23 years
- Served as Principal at Jame’ah Islaamiyah, Fordsburg run under the auspices of Jamiatul Ulama, South Africa
- Principal of Darul Ulum, Madrassatus Saadiqeen and Madrassatus Saadiqaat, Johannesburg
Shaykh Abdur-Rahman ibn Yusuf Mangera
- British Muslim scholar educated in both the Islamic and Western traditions.
- Graduate of Darul Uloom Bury, UK,
- Earned a specialized licence to issue fatwa (legal responses) at Mazahir ‘Ulum Saharanpur, India.
- He earned his BA from the University of Johannesburg
- Completed his MA and PhD in Islamic Studies from the School of Oriental and African Studies in London.
- He holds an honorary fellowship at the Cambridge Muslim College and at The Royal Aal al-Bayt Institute for Islamic Thought, Amman, Jordan.
- Shaykh Abdur-Rahman has the unique experience of serving as an imam in Muslim communities on both sides of the Atlantic, eight years in Southern California and over five in the great city of London
- International speaker and lecturer
- He is the founder of Whitethread Institute, a post-graduate insititute for Islamic scholars.
- He is an avid traveller and continues to teach hadith and work on scholarly publications through White Thread Press (www.whitethreadpress.com).
Ml Shakir Seedat
- Graduate of Darul Ulum, Azaadville in 2003
- Ameer of Cii Projects
- Imam at Masjid Khalid bin Waleed (RA), Florida
- Principal of the Florida Muslim Association Maktab, Florida
- Served in the rural Muslim communities in the East Rand for several years
Ml Mohammad Seedat
- Graduate of Jame’ah Mahmoodiyah, Springs in 2001
- Board member of Cii Radio
- Ameer of Cii Youth Foundation
- Shura member of Cii Projects
- Ameer of the Cii Youth Ambassador Programme
- HOD of Islamic Studies and school management at Roshnee Islamic School
- Executive Member of Association of Muslim Schools
- Head of Operations at Cii Youth Center, Ontdekkers Astro and Sports Center, Florida
- Shura member and supervisor of the Florida Muslim Association Maktab
- Principal and Teacher at Madressa Abu Bakr (RA) Maktab, Lenasia
- Served on the Gauteng Department of Education/Faith based Organisations partnership
- Advisor to youth in personal development
Ml Mohammad Karolia
- Graduate of Darul Ulum, Azaadville in 1994
- Taught Tafsir, Hadith and other Islamic sciences at Jame’ah Mamoodiyah, Springs for 23 years
- Presently teaching Tafsir, Hadith and other Islamic sciences at Darul Ulum Madrassatus Saadiqeen, Johannesburg
- Orator, Writer and Lecturer
- Completed the ‘asharah qiraa-aat in the Quranic sciences
- Served as Imam of Nurul Islam Masjid, Lenasia in the period of 1994 – 1995
Mufti Munir Akhalwaya
- 2001 Completed the Alim Course, Jame’ah Mahmoodiyah
- 2002 Iftaa course at Jame’ah Mahmoodiyah, Springs
- 2006 Advanced Arabic, CALES, Sanaa, Yemen
- 2003 – 2007 Worked at Jame’ah Mahmoodiyah, Springs
- Programmes Manager at Cii Radio
- 2009, 2013 – 2014 Taught at Tshwane Muslim School
- 2015 Taught at Central Islamic School
- 2009 to present Teaching at Darus Salaam Primary Madrasah, Laudium
- 2012 Taught at Madrasah Rahmaniyyah and Madrasah Riyadhus Saalihaat, Laudium
- Member of the Muslim Mediation and Arbitration Council