Athlone businessman abducted – CPT
Cii Radio| Sabera Sheik Essop|03 November 2016| 02 Safar 1438
A businessman from Athlone, Cape Town was abducted earlier this week, by six armed men.The men allegedly kidnapped him outside his popular clothing store, while he was locking up.
Naushad Khan was the target of what seems to be a kidnapping on Monday, though his family spokesperson has said that no ransom has been demanded.
Police spokesman Colonel Andre Traut said “The suspects left the scene in a white Toyota LDV with an undisclosed amount of cash and took the 46-year-old businessman with them. He is yet to be found”.
Family spokesman Khalid Cader said the family is desperate for answers; “We are all in the dark and searching for him. We have heard no news and no calls for ransom. We are asking anyone who might have any information to please come forward.”
“The family is absolutely broken apart. His three kids and his wife are taking it very hard. It is so sad because the children are suffering the most.
“His family is overseas and they can’t understand why he is not found. It has been (more than) 24 hours and nothing has happened. The police have the registration number of the vehicle but nothing has turned up.”
Khan has a wife and three children. They are said to be worried sick about the fate of Khan.
Now, other business owners are scared that they might too be targeted by the kidnappers.
According to son of the owner of Mukhtar Hiring, Anwar Karbray, Khan had been targeted before.
“Another business, MA Powertrade Cash and Carry on the same block, was targeted during a separate incident at night.
“Usually when we have robberies in this area, the criminals take the cash. This is organised kidnapping.
They had big guns and handcuffs when they took Naushad,” said Karbray.
Another business owner told the Cape Argus; “When I left here on Monday night, it was deadly quiet and I felt ill at ease. I checked to see if the security was still on the block and I spotted Naushad locking up his place. I decided to go home at peace that at least we were safe.
“I got a call 10 minutes afterwards informing me what had happened,” he said.
The kidnappers allegedly drew money from Khan’s account.
Source : SA breaking news